Thursday – 7:30 pm The Legacy Art Galleries, 630 Yates Street
Special Guest Brenda Miller will speak about the nature and challenges of creative nonfiction.
Friday Afternoon – 1:00 – 3:30 pm Victoria Public Library
Intro CNF Class: Finding the Universal in the Personal with Kim McCullough – Main Library, 735 Broughton St.
Friday Afternoon – 1:30 – 6:00 pm Inn at Laurel Point
- Master Class: Courting the ‘C’ in CNF – Betsy Warland (class is full)
- Master Class: Filling in the Gaps: Dealing with the Unknown and Unknowable in CNF – Julija Sukys (class is full)
- Master Class: Thinking Like an Editor – Helen Moffett
- Fast Pitch: Agent and Publisher Sessions
- Writing Past Fear Workshop
Friday Evening – 7:30 pm Inn at Laurel Point
- Keynote Speaker – Alison Wearing
- Book signings with Alison Wearing, Eve Joseph, Michael Harris, Charlotte Gill and Paul Seesequasis.
Tickets for the public available at the door. $15
Saturday – 9:00 am – 4:30 pm Inn at Laurel Point
- In Conversation – Hal Wake and Eve Joseph
- Injecting Life into Nonfiction Scenes Workshop
- Q & A with Michael Harris Workshop
- Finding the Line – Tell All or Do No Harm? Workshop
- All the Winter’s a Stage Workshop
- Plenary Discussion – Brenda Miller, Charlotte Gill and Michael Harris
Saturday Evening – 6:30 pm Inn at Laurel Point
carte blanche/CNFC Contest Award – sponsored by University of King’s College – presented by Charlotte Gill
Time TBA: Cabaret – our members read!
Sunday 8:30 – 11:15 am Inn at Laurel Point
Coffee & Talk (TBA)
Sunday 12:30 pm – 4:30 pm Inn at Laurel Point – Bard & Banker Pub
- Literary Walk
- New Book Readings by members at the Bard & Banker
Conference fee includes all talks, workshops, readings, lunch, dinner & cabaret for $150. Cancellations up to April 20 — $30 fee; April 21 – 23 — $75 fee No refunds for Master Classes.